Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blogging and Commenting

It has been a full year with my 7/8 classes. We have quadblogged with schools in Virginia and Pennsylvania. It was a great interaction between students. I pushed my students to increase their engagement levels, and we concentrated on how to make powerful comments. Below are two examples that made me feel very good about where we are heading. The first is a parent reacting to their child's blog about a learning challenge:


The next was a comment from a student to another student. The highest level of commenting we do is to respectfully challenge other students. This student did that and included a link to an article. This is a new evolution in our commenting:


I have also been using badges to show students achieving the highest levels of work. It has been a fun experience. I am using classbadges.com to do this. Below is a picture of a badged awarded to a student:

Yet another great comment leading to more opportunities:


An example of a student motivated by making choices about her own learning:





1 comment:

  1. Alan,
    The blogging connection we created this year is one I am so proud to have been a part. The learning and empowerment that has resulted from it is something I don't think you realize is possible until you watch it develop. Thank you for being a part of this project and for all you and your students did to make it so successful. And, one more thing, we will do it all again next year, right? :)-Kay Bisaillon

    ReplyDelete